CALL FOR PARTNERS for a Training Course, proposed under Action 3.1 of the Youth in Action Programme
"How to build functional Networks and Coalitions on Youth issues"
Training Course is about to empower youth organization’s and supporting capacity-building for NGOs working with youth
from 14th to 20th March, Struga, Macedonia
About the Project
Training Course "How to build functional Networks and Coalitions on Youth issues" will be organized from 14 until 20 March, in Struga, Macedonia.
The main aim of this Training course is to empower youth organization’s by supporting capacity-building for NGOs working with youth and supporting youth affairs in the national, regional, local political agenda, and is clearly oriented to contributing to development the quality of support systems for youth activities and the capabilities of civil society organizations in the youth field.
The Idea is trough networking and coalition building to promote European cooperation in the youth field, and equal possibilities for participation in decision making. By generating public support for youth issues and linking them to other important social and economic topics under consideration by policymakers - such as poverty alleviation and job creation. Networks and coalitions can help change the knowledge, attitudes, and practices of major decision makers. Methodology is based on non-formal learning principles and active participation of all approach.
During this training course the participants will be trained by two trainers (experts for networking and coalition) through the areas of the module: linking between public support for youth issues to other important social and economic topics, partnerships, networking and coalition with other European youth organizations, how to develop the quality of support systems for youth activities and the capabilities of civil society organizations, developing European corporation in the youth field.
The project addresses in particular the following priorities from YIA:
• Promote young people’s active citizenship in general and their European citizenship in particular;
• Contribute to developing the quality of support systems for youth activities and the capabilities of civil society organizations in the youth field;
• Promote European cooperation in the youth field.
The objectives have been set in order to reach the aim of this project:
• Contribute the professional development of a youth organizations;
• To extend their expertise, knowledge and experience in building networking and coalition with an organizations in a European level;
• Offer a unique opportunity to deliver proper tailored support and strengthen
cooperation with youth organizations on specific topics;
• Promoting a stronger involvement of youth workers and youth in the youth sector not just as recipients of activities and programmes but as protagonists of their own development;
• To increase the participants’ professional competence in developing and evaluating projects and activities with young people which aim at empowering them or raising their own understanding and practice for networking and coalition with other organizations;
• To critically and creatively reflect about the networking, coalition and for youth work today and in the future;
• New partnership possibilities empowered by personal connections.
Two aspects are carefully taken in consideration: participant will be engaged both at national and European level in order to fully achieve the willingness to sensitize European realities and diversity.
Target group for participants on our training course:
Youth workers, youth leaders, NGO activists/volunteers, and all who are interested in working with youth.
Age: 18 - 30
Active knowledge of the English language
Host organization: Coalition of youth organizations SEGA
Period of realization: From 14 to 20 March 2012 (excluding travel days)
All interested Program countries and Neighboring Partner countries.
100% for accommodation will be covered and 70% of travel cost will be reimbursed after receiving original receipts.
If you are interested to become partner organization in our project please send to us:
1. Filled partnership identification form – like word document (.doc)
2. Filled, Signed, Stamped and Scanned preliminary agreement from attachment, by E-mail: email@example.com
Please: As we are applying on 1st June deadline, be as fast as possible in sending to us preliminary agreement and partnership identification.
Deadline for receiving preliminary agreement and partnership identification is 24th of May 2011.
Further Information about the organizers:
Coalition of youth organizations SEGA
Zoran Ilieski – Executive Director
+389 48 429 390, fax +389 48 429 390
Friday, 21 September, 2012 - 12:33
Thursday, 5 July, 2012 - 07:28
Friday, 13 April, 2012 - 09:31
Monday, 13 February, 2012 - 16:45
Thursday, 9 February, 2012 - 14:19